Summer time 2017 and deer

It's finally summer and I've been getting over a pose of colds, finishing up subbing, deadlines for various projects, kid care, the saying good-byes to our rector at our parish and just keeping busy with life. On a simpler note, we now have pet snails. Fun and self contained, it's a good thing. 

With the kids at home, we're messier than ever but mostly just having a good time. I just wish it would warm up a little. Very damp and cold for summer but I'm sure it will warm up soon enough. I still can't believe it's June. It feels like so much is happening...activities for the kids, Father's Day, home maintenance, and doing summer classes. But that is life. It's better than being bored and not better our selves, that's for certain.

I've been reading various art education journals and expand my reading base. I'm nearly done with my art certification and I'm debating whether I want to go into the masters program. Perhaps. I would like to get my praxis accomplished and start teaching, however. Once this is established, go back and get my masters at my own speed. Yes, I do things slower then most but, at least I'm doing it. 

My other goal is to workout more often. If there is one thing I learned subbing, you're constantly moving around. I want to get fit to match those steps for 4 flights. So, I'm going to have to get serious about a schedule. Otherwise, I will slack off. That's just me. I need the structure. 

Also, I have plans to do some major cleaning out of the house. A lot of things to donate/sell and clear out. I need space for two reasons: 1 to make a space for a possible 2nd bathroom and 2nd to reorganize for a space if my mom moves in with us. This could be a real possibility and I'd be so glad to have her here. But I need to clear out stuff first. 

That's one thing with hypothyroidism, you don't realize how things get let go of when you're not feeling well. You just put off taking care of things because you don't have the energy. I was exhausted for so much of the time and angry/frustrated that I couldn't do all the plans I wanted to do. Now that I know it was my body being ill, I have more forgiveness and kindness for not being where I imagined I'd be. I'm just glad I'm getting my self ironed out a little, even if I'm still not healed yet. 

Now for the deer part. I taught a paint class this evening and on the way home, a deer jumped out in front of my car as I drove up a windy road. We are both fine but it was amazing, scary and beautiful all at once. I would have felt differently should we had collided. I'm glad I was driving slowly (actually enjoying the setting sun in pinks and yellow) and this wood spirit comes leaping out. I hope she found her self safely to friends. <3 div="" nbsp="">


Comments

Popular Posts